top of page

Studentengruppe

Öffentlich·107 Mitglieder
Bulat Tretyakov
Bulat Tretyakov

Gt Bmx Serial Number Decoder

Please note: The GT serial number will give you the build date of your GT BMX. Frames were normally manufactured the year before being sold in bike shops. So a build date on a frame of 2003 usually means the bike was sold in stores in 2004.

Gt Bmx Serial Number Decoder

Santa Ana serials, rear dropout.7841112 with a model abreviation stamped nearby.(3, 4, L4, Jr, FS, I, M1, M1M, PE, JPE, XL, XXL, XL E, 24, F) 7 for the 7th month July. 84 for the year 1984. Same code in the 1990s as well.GT6842174 without a model abreviation. GT for GT. 6 for the sixth month June. 84 for the year 1984.GT00185 without a model abreviation. GT for GT. 001 for the production #. 85 for the year 1985.

If the serial is just like these on the rear dropout but without a model abreviation its also US made, but in Huntington Beach.7872459 without a model abreviation. 7 for the 7th month July. 87 for the year 1987.

Japanese serials.Some of the Japanese factory's stamped the serial's on the rear dropout.5X02157 with a baseball symbol. 5 for the year 1985.5L0139 with a baseball symbol. 5 is for the year 1985. L for the 12'th month December.GH891203267 G for the production line. H for the factory. 89 for the year 1989. 12 is for the 12'th month Dec. 90 model.DH900413372 D for the production line. H for the factory. 90 for the year 1990. 04 is for the 4'th month April.

Some of the Japanese factory's stamped the serial's on the bottom bracket.65J03205 6 for the production line. 5 for the year 1985. J for the 10'th month October.G5I2981 G for the production line. 5 for the year 1985. I for the 9th month September.F6026521 F for the production line. 6 for the year 1986. 02 for the 2nd month February.T8040164 T for the production line. 8 for the year 1988. 04 for the 4th month April.KS89111512 K for the factory. S for the production line. 89 for the year 1989. 11 for the 11th month November. 90 model.

Taiwanese serials, usually on the bottom bracket. Sometimes they are on the rear dropout though.DS6I2760 DS for the Factory. 6 for the year 86. I for the 9'th month September.DS7122150 DS for the factory. 7 for the year 1987. 12 for the 12'th month December. 88 model.N0573129 N for the production line. 0 for the year 1990. 5 for the 5'th month May.KGH1E3951 K for the factory.GH for the production line. 1 for the year 1991. E for the 5'th month May.KG2A00220 K for the factory. G for the production line. 2 for the year 1992. A for the 1'st month January.

Most foreign serials decode the same as those do but have different numbers of digits and letters.YC96H39112 YC for the factory. 96 for the year 1996. H for the 8th month August.YC4H3221 YC for the factory. 4 for the year 1994. H for the 8th month August.

Heres a couple foreign serials that are different than the others.HM160798Q HM for the factory. 6 could be for the year 1996. The Q at the end is for the production line. The one I saw with this serial number is a 97 which tells me the 6 could mean it was built in late 96 as a 97 model or there is no build date whatsoever in it.LS167495 LS for the factory. 1 for the production line. The one I saw with this number was a 94. Which means theres no build date in this serial.

Would a graph and list of serials be too much work to create..??? line every ones number up, that way anyone who comes in with a new number can place it in with similar serials and know what they have.. and would be nice to see what is what and what popular models are left...

1. 77-80 GT Frames - Most likely you won't find one with a serial number, including "Pedals Ready" (submit info if you have and it will be added to master serial list please, can be broken down by pics or links to ads/bikes)

2. 81-82 GT Frames - Serial # on inside of right rear dropout. 81-82 (81-83 and early 84s are considered Santa Ana (Award) Design):They do not show an obvious 2 digit number. For Example: 52765 = 5 for the 5th month May. 2 for the year 82, number 765.Under Serial number will be a model #: JR = Junior, 2=Expert (17.5" TT), 4 =PRO 18.5" Standard - measure top tube, if longer it is an ordered XL, - 24/26=Cruiser(Not sure of Letter Code_______?) Note: Skinny down tube and EURO BB applicable to these years.

3. 83-Early 84 GT Frames (considered Santa Ana (Award) Design)They show an obvious 2 digit number. For Example: 083765 = ___________________________________(made up #)Under Serial number will be a model #: JR = Junior, 3=Expert (17.5" TT), 4 =PRO 18.5" Standard - measure top tube, if longer it is an ordered XL, - 24/26=Cruiser(Not sure of Letter Code?)

If the serial is just like these on the rear dropout but without a model abreviation its still US made just not at Santa Ana.7872459 without a model abreviation. 7 for the 7th month July. 87 for the year 1987.

Mark your post is awesome as well. I say were getting close(other than a few tuneups as you said) and big props go to you for your help on the GT serial decoding and early variable frame specs. I think when you say I should put something to help people distinguish different models(race, freestyle etc.)you mean to add the specs along with the serial decoding thats already there? I would say that in that 84-86 era the parts where what seperated the different models. You can tell the difference in alot of models made in Santa Ana by the serial. For instance the FS stamp indicates you have a freestyle bike just doesnt specify what model. The race bikes made there in the later years are indeed very specific, PE=Pro Expert, XL=Pro Team extra long frame, 24=24" Pro Cruiser, M1=Mach One, I=Interceptor etc...

you mean to add the specs along with the serial decoding thats already there? I would say that in that 84-86 era the parts where what seperated the different models. For instance the FS stamp indicates you have a freestyle bike just doesnt specify what model. The race bikes made there in the later years are indeed very specific, PE=Pro Expert, XL=Pro Team extra long frame, 24=24" Pro Cruiser, M1=Mach One, I=Interceptor etc...

Well I think thats all great ideas except the how to tell what model FS they are by just the serial. I dont think you can, I have seen Performers and Vertigo's made in the US with the same serials as the PFTs. There is 1 good thing though, at least the different models became easily distinguishable so just a quik glance and you can tell what you got PFT, Performer or Vertigo.

How about this serial #? 65J03164. Can't make any sense of it reading this post. Can anyone help? It came off a Performer. I'm guessing it's an 85. But that's just a guess. Don't know what the 6 means in front of it.

From 84-86 the PS, M1 had the the same frame. I have seen Mach Ones and Interceptors stamped with a 4 and I guess since they had the same frame specs as the normal Pro frame that they used the same Pro frames they used to build Pro Series on them. I guess its more than likely that only the L4 frames in the mid 80's were all US made. Where as the late 85-86 standard 4 Pro frames were also made in Japan. You just dont see the 4 stamp on them, different serials. You also wont see any of these abreviation stamps on a Huntington beach model.

OK I looked but didnt see the serial number on my 91 pft, just the FS on the drop out, the powder is pretty thick but can clearly see the FS...maybe on the inside????was also looking at a 92 mini that had M I I on the drop.

Great work on the serial numbers.I have read thru all these threads and maybe I'm just slow, but I'm still a little confused.I have an 84 pro series and the serial number is 9841839.The confusing thing is that it has a FS stamped below the number.Any ideas?

A serial number located on a rear dropout. Some BMX bikes and a few Schwinn bicycles place the serial on the rear dropout. On older Schwinns there are numbers stamped on both the drive side and non-drive side rear dropouts; the one on the non-drive side dropout is the serial number.

Well, someone asked for GT serial number info this past summer and there were no replies. Patrick threw him a bone yesterday, which was cool, but months had passed and the old thread he linked to may not be as informative as what follows.

If the bike frame was manufactured at the Santa Ana CA facility, the first three or four digits of the serial number should be letters abbreviating the model or size of the frame such as "XL", "XXL", CR24, or something like that.The next part of the serial number is eight numeric digits. The first four numbers should be a two digit month followed by a two digit year.The last four digits are the serialization digits 0000 to 9999 depending on what number the frame was of the years production.If the frame was made overseas in Taiwan, it gets more complicated. If the number starts with a K, the frame was made by Kinesis.That's the only one I remember off the top of my head.There were at least four companies in Taiwan that made the GT lines :Robinson, Dyno, Powerlite and Auburn included)The first digit would be a letter designating the factory that made the frame. There might also be a second letter digit specifying the factory that assembled the bike, if applicable. The model and year of production was also coded by a letter, so you won't be able to spot a two digit month and two digit year.Before I left, I was writing a specification to standardize all of the serial numbers because GT was starting to send most of its US production to other US fabrication shops.

Info

Willkommen in der Gruppe! Hier können Sie sich mit anderen M...

Mitglieder

bottom of page